|Boating||Canoeing & Kayaking||Fishing|
Activities available on the Rainbow River and or at Rainbow Springs State Park include boating, fishing, swimming, picnicking, nature study, walking, camping, canoeing, just to mention a few. Canoes are available for rent the headsprings day use area, while campers may rent canoes and tubes at the campground. In February and March the azalea gardens are in full bloom for those walking the paths in the park.
Rainbow Springs Park Fees
- $2.00 per person at the headsprings entrance and $5.00 per vehicle, up to eight people at the tube entrance. Children under six years old are free.
- Tubing & Tram Fee (Separate from tube entrance fee): $10.00 plus tax per person (includes our tube our yours and tram service to and from parking area, your own tubb must be less than 60” in diameter).
Picnic Pavilion Rental Fees:
- There are two covered pavilions available for reservation. Beyond the normal reservation fee (see below) each pavilion has a $30 cleanup deposit due on the day of reservation. The deposit will be returned after inspection upon departure.
- $75.00 plus tax: Felburn Pavilion seats up to 75 people on plastic chairs and tables. The regular $2.00 admission/person still applies.
- $75.00 plus tax: Hickory Pavilion has 14 picnic tables. The regular $2.00 admission/person still applies.
- $30.00 per night, plus tax. Includes water, sewer and electricity.
You can contact the park at the following address:
Rainbow Springs State Park
19158 S.W. 81st Place Road
Dunnellon, FL 34432
The Park is open from 8 a.m. until sunset 365 days a year.
Rainbow Springs State Park Campground
18185 S.W. 94th Street
Dunnellon, FL 34432
Calendar of Events
- Please contact the Park at 352-465-8555 for information about any of the events listed below.
- Entrance to the Park is $2:00, with free admission for children under the age of 6.
Santa Over The Rainbow
- Date: On Friday, Saturday & Sunday, December 11, 12 & 13 and 18, 19, & 20, 2009. 6:00 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.
- Description: Santa and Mrs. Clause come up the Rainbow River on their shining, decorated 'sleigh' and walk up the hill to their Santa House. Live music most nights; thousands of lights all over the park.
- Entry fee to the park is $2.00 and photos with Santa are $2.00.
Christmas Lights Only
- Date: Saturday & Sunday, December 26 & 27, 2009. 6:00 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.
- Description: Santa Claus has gone back to the North Pole but the thousands and thousands of brightly colored lights still make a magical wonderland of the park.